Thursday, March 29, 2012

Magnetic Wallpaper

I came across this on Pinterest and just had to share--designer Sian Zeng has released a line of magnetic wallpapers


They are all based on her Woodlands wallpapers which also come in a non-magnetic variety.  You also receive 5 complimentary magnets with each purchase of magnetic wallpaper (which you should, because it's PRICEY).

The only "magnetic wallpapers" that I've ever seen before were little sheets that were made for lockers. I don't remember this stuff being around when I was in school, but I wish it had been--I just love magnets.

Unlike the locker paper, however, the Sian Zeng wallpapers are not themselves magnetic.  It sounds like they just use some kind of magnet-receptive underlayer and then apply the wallpaper over it. I don't see how this couldn't work with any wallpaper, or why you couldn't just install the underlayer and then paint over it--the possibilities would be endless! I've heard mixed reviews about the magnetic paint--apparently it works if you put enough coats on, but the finish isn't very smooth, and it is only magnetic enough to work with very strong magnets. Maybe this would be a better option if you're looking for the same effect?

No comments:

Post a Comment