Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Smart Shower Gifts, Part II

It's time for our second installment of Smart Shower Gifts! Since our last shower gifts post, I found out that I was expecting a baby, so this time through, I'll be looking at things with more of an eye toward what I would actually want to receive for the new baby. This will be fun--and hopefully will help me start planning a gift registry!

Recently, I've been talking to a lot of my friends who are moms about different products that they found especially helpful when their baby was born. One of my friends mentioned something that I hadn't thought about--when her son came home from the hospital, he wasn't able to wear onesies at all, since his belly button became very irritated when rubbed with a onesie. I had thought that awesome onesies were the very core of all newborn clothing, so this came as quite a shock! My friend recommended these very reasonably priced side snap t-shirts from Carter's:

Short Sleeve Side-Snap 5-Pack Tees

One of my other friends loved the easy close feature on these magnetic-fastening clothes and bibs from FAO.com:

Magnificent Baby's Award-Winning Magnetic-Fastening Girl's Whale of a Tale Gift Set (0-3 Months)  - Magnificent Baby -  Baby Shower Gifts - FAO Schwarz®
And now for our less practical offerings....

Just look at these hilarious onesies from The Wishing Elephant on Etsy!!

They have something that will put a smile on the face of every new parent.

The nerd:
Revenge of the Nerds Onesie / Baby Geekery

The party animal:
Baby Party Boy Onesie - Untied Bow Tie

The musician:

Baby Violin or Cello Onesie.  The Yo Ma Ma.

The gamer:

Baby Gift Mario Baby Onesie Super Mario Brothers Nintendo

The gamer parent of twins:
Twin Shower Gift Mario And Luigi Super Mario Brother Onesies

And, of course, the Star Wars fan:
Robot Baby Costume - Baby Clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment